I recently read this article on Buzzfeed and was so surprised to find some humorous and ridiculous facts about food and food companies!
(Photo taken from Pinch of Yum)
I was browsing through one of my favorite food blogs called “Pinch of Yum” and came across this delicious looking recipe. I love using jam for my toast in the morning so when I saw this easy homemade recipe, I had to try it. Surprisingly it came out really tasty! Even my mom approved (she’s the true cook of the family) I hope if you try it, you love it as much as I do!
- 1 cup frozen fruit (mixed berries works best – raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- ½ cup Bai5 Brasilia Blueberry
- 2 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- a squeeze of lemon juice, if you want
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Place the blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in a blender with the Bai5, honey, lemon, and chia seeds. Puree until smooth (or to your desired consistency).
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. The jam should start to thicken pretty quickly and it should be spreadable just like a jam!
Have you been to any of these locations?
#5-Eleven Madison Park, New York
#18- Le Bernardin, New York
#40-Per Se, New York
#49-Blue Hill at Stone Barns, in Tarrytown, New York
#50 The French Laundry, California
My favorite summer drink is anything with “pina” or “pineapple in it”. Here’s a recipe I recently tried out and the drink came out GREAT!
Do any of you have your one show that you watch for your own guilty pleasure? For me, It’s the show Chopped on The Food Network. For those of you who have never heard of it, it’s basically a shower that consists of four chefs who go through three rounds of cooking with the most absurd ingredients. After each round, one chef gets “chopped” or thrown off the show for having the worst tasting dish. The first round is appetizers, second is dinner and third is dessert. Some of the crazy ingredients that the chefs get thrown into with range from octopus tentacles to sea urchin to grass…yes, grass. I just got finished binge watching about five episodes and I highly recommend this show to anyone who is just looking for a new show to start that’s enjoyable!
It’s all fun and games until you step on that scale and see you’ve gained three pounds over the weekend (maybe all those beer and crab fries weren’t worth it.) For a healthier start to the week, here’s a 3 ingredient breakfast recipe to get your metabolism going; The protein pancake. After discovering this from a close friend, it’s all I seem to make when I have no idea what else to cook.
All you’ll need is 1 cup of egg whites, a packet of oatmeal (plain or flavored) and a half of a banana. All you simply do is mix the three ingredients in a bowl, spray some cooking oil on a pan and let it cook! Easy, fast, affordable and healthy. What more could you want from food?
Here’s a sweet tip: instead of using maple syrup, top it off with some unsweetened applesauce or fresh fruit!
I thought I’d share one of my all time favorite desserts to bake with you guys. Although It has taken me a few times to perfect this recipe, I finally have it down to a tee. My cookie layer cooks all the way and my brownie layer doesn’t burn! Try it for yourself, it’s a treat you won’t regret baking!
- 1pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 1box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- 1/4cup water
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 of the eggs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 Make brownie mix as directed on box, using water, oil and remaining egg.
- 3 Press 1 tablespoon cookie dough in bottom of each muffin cup. Top each with 2 tablespoons brownie batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4 On ungreased small cookie sheet, drop several extra tablespoons of cookie dough for topping. Bake 10 minutes.
- 5 Remove cupcakes and cookies from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- 6 Frost cupcakes with frosting. Crumble baked cookies; sprinkle over frosted cupcakes.
Oh Em Gee. If you are a lover of donuts, Dough Co. is the place to go. Located in Oakhurst, NJ, the students of Monmouth University will let you know just how phenomenal this place is. Every donut is so unique with its flavors and toppings; you won’t know which one to choose! Words couldn’t describe the taste of these delicious treats, so if you are ever in the area or feeling a road trip from afar, head over to Dough Co.!